We are all pretty clued up when it comes to saving money on energy, but here are a few reminders;
1. By turning off all your appliances whilst they are not in use could save you around £90 per year. Things like your washing machine, mobile device chargers, TV box sets and lights - we are all guilty of leaving items on stand by, but you could save money by being that little more vigilant.
2. Doing your laundry on a 30 degree cycle will reduce your wash time and cost you less in the long term. You would also be doing that little bit more for the environment.
3. Save some time, taking a shower instead a bath is much quicker and more efficient.
4. Replace all your light fittings with energy saving bulbs, this could give you another annual saving of £30.
5. Turn your thermostat down by 1 degree, maintain a low steady heat. Doing this rather then powering off your heating could save you around £60 per year.
6. Thermally insulate your water pipes and water tanks.
7. Keep your fridge freezer full! By having a fully stocked fridge will mean that it won't have to work so hard to keep your food chilled/frozen, it therefore will use less energy.
8. Draft proof all your windows, doors and letter box, using sealant strips and draught excluders will prevent cold air entering your property, more importantly stop heat from escaping.
9. Insulate you loft, most heat escapes through our walls and loft. investing in some insulation will save you around £250 a year!
10. Always keep an eye on your energy providers prices, it may be a good idea to look at some price comparison sites and see if you could change to a cheaper provider.